Life is full of challenges with hepatitis C, liver disease and other chronic conditions. Challenges come in all shapes and sizes but it doesn’t have to rule us no matter how big it seems to be.
Don’t allow any challenge to overshadow God’s light of goodness He is shining in your life every day. Even in the midst of life challenges, you can find joy each day.
1. Remember each day is a gift from God. What you do with it is your gift to God.
2. Spend thirty minutes each day reading God’s Word and other inspirational material, praying, and seeking God’s guidance. Listen to inspirational music.
3. Resist the temptation to live in the past and worry about tomorrow.
4. Don’t try to solve all your problems at once: Remember Dr. Robert Schuller’s wise words: “Life by the yard is hard, Life by the inch is a cinch.”
5. Don’t take anything for granted. See life as an incredible gift—not as an entitlement.
6. Read something daily that requires effort, thought and concentration.
7. Don’t get bogged down in critical, negative, or depressing thoughts.
8. Work on physical wellness daily: eat nutritious foods, exercise, and relax. Drink lots of pure water and get at least 8 hours of sleep.
9. Choose to be happy. Barbara Johnson says it so well,“Pain is inevitable, Misery is a Choice.” Choose Joy my friend.
10. Recall and say aloud these biblical affirmations:
- *Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:27 NIV
- *But God did not give us (me) a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7 NIV
- *Now what I have commanded you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. Deuteronomy 30:11
- *This is the day that the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 NIV
- My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:1-2 NIV
- Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is praiseworthy think about such things. Philippians 4:8-9 NIV
- May He enlighten the eyes of your mind so that you can see what hope his call holds for you. Ephesians 1:18 NIV
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
- Lord, Thank you for this day and all that it holds. Give me the diligence to take each step today and be refreshed in every part of my being. Wow me today with your presence and victory. In Jesus name, Amen.
What joy have you found today? Share your comments below.
This entry was originally published in Life Beyond Hep C, and is reprinted with permission.