Some things can’t be said too often: If you haven’t been immunized against hepatitis A, please do so immediately. If you need convincing, here are just a few headlines that appeared recently:
- Kentucky Declares Hepatitis A Outbreak Amid Multistate Crisis – “…Kentucky is now the fifth state to declare a hepatitis A virus (HAV) outbreak in 2017, Food Safety News reports.”
- San Diego opens giant tent to contain hepatitis outbreak
- Hepatitis A cases confirmed at 2 Detroit-area pizzerias
- More hepatitis A cases reported in Monterey County
- This from Kent County, Michigan: Since August 1, 2016, there have been over 450 cases of hepatitis A reported in residents of 12 counties in southeastern Michigan.
Hepatitis A outbreaks are occurring all over the world, including Australia and the United Kingdom. Please talk about this among your family and friends. Perhaps it isn’t quite holiday fare, but neither is hepatitis A. Here is a link to some basic hepatitis A information.