When the hepatitis C giant invades our lives it can be overwhelming. Oppression can come in many forms but God is bigger than them all. Our problems NEVER outnumber God’s resources.
Just as a solider stands guard duty, attentive, watching for enemy encroachment, we have to stand guard, stay alert and self controlled with our thoughts and emotions. Do not allow your emotions or thoughts to take you on a roller coaster ride of fear and the ’what if’s.’ Do not let the Hep C giant take you down the road of hopelessness.
When I was preparing for hep C treatment and especially when I was in treatment I spent time every day re-enforcing my armor. I spent time each day reading in the Bible. Psalm 18 is a chapter that brought me great encouragement and help. I refer to this has “the warrior’s chapter.”
Hep C treatment calls for perseverance, and endurance, not just physically be also mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It was my mission to seek God daily for help and re-enforcement. I leaned on Him for strength to help me accomplish what I could not do on my own.
Do you feel the hep C giant invading your thoughts and zapping you of strength? Head straight to re-enforcements. It makes a big difference in battle.
Here are a few nuggets of re-enforcements from Psalm 18, but the whole chapter is loaded!
- “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” Psalm 18:2
- “I call to the Lord, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.” Psalm 18:3
- “He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.” Psalm 18:16-18
- “You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.” Psalm 18:28
- “With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.” Psalm 18:29
Check out the other nuggets from Psalm 18, Do you have a favorite? Can you share how a verse has helped you with hep C?
(This entry was originally published on Life Beyond Hepatitis C November 24, 2014
. It is reprinted with permission.)