Through every phase of Hep C there are challenges. Often times as Hep C Warriors we can get weary in the fight. If you’ve ever felt depleted and empty and don’t know what to pray, these simple one line prayers have powerful impact. I call them pocket prayers.
Max Lucado in his book, "Before Amen,“ shares this wonderful truth, ”You’re never without hope, because you’re never without prayer."
- “Jesus You Reign above all things.”
- “Jesus, hold me close.”
- “Lord, Jesus, I need you now.”
- “Jesus, never let go.”
- “For this I have Jesus is my daily rally cry.”
- “Jesus, break these chains.”
- “Jesus, help me see from your eyes today.”
- “Jesus, give me your Holy courage and renew my hope”
- “Jesus, I need your strength in abundance”
- “Jesus, show me the work of your mighty hand.”
- “Jesus, breathe your spirit and peace on me today.”
God’s Words tells us in Romans 10:8-10, “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth,“Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
As the Scripture says, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame. For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for ”Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:11-13
- Be careful, keep calm and don’t be afraid. Do not lose heart. Isaiah 7:4a
- For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of Sonship, and by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15
May these powerful pocket prayers lead you to a closer walk with Jesus and deeper prayer with the one who understands all that you’re going through. Turning scripture into prayer is also a very powerful and effective prayer. But the best prayer comes from a sincere heart. May you find peace as you come to Him.
“Come near to God and he will come near to you.” James 4:8
“Humble yourself before the Lord, and he will lift you up.” James 4:10
Have you made room for God with your Hep C? Do you have a one line prayer or scripture prayer you would like to share?