Karen Hoyt is a blogger who has a story about hepatitis C, cirrhosis, end-stage liver disease, liver cancer, and liver transplantation. This excerpt first appeared on Karen’s I Help C blog.
Having a sick liver slows you down, and makes protein hard to process. Here’s how you can heal your liver with bone broth. If you are having high liver enzymes, swelling, jaundice, fatigue, nausea, and body aches – you need some nourishment. Not getting the nutrition you need leads to hepatic encephalopathy, or brain fog. The easiest thing to do is cook a pot of soup. With a protein that heals every cell in your body, and is easy on your liver, it will have you feeling better in no time. You can use a special ingredient to heal your liver with bone broth.
Heal Your Liver with Bone Broth Benefits
- High in nutrition such as iron, vitamins A and K, fatty acids, selenium, zinc, and manganese, bone broth is packed full for the price.
- Protects joints because it contains gelatin. If you are having pain from an injury or cartilage injury – add a little bone broth to everything you eat.
- Repair osteoarthritis with bone broth to improve joint pain and stiffness. I drink it in a protein shake to help my spine and hips.
- Glutamine is a powerful amino acid that can help to heal leaky gut syndrome. If you are having autoimmune or inflammation in your body, it may be helpful to heal your gut.
- Healthy weight is a good indication that you are living in a body that fits your lifestyle, mobility, and stamina. Add protein with bone broth to feel full and satisfied without empty calories.
- Get some sleep with the glycine that is naturally occurring in bone broth. A warm cup of soup for dinner should set you up just right.
To read the rest of this blog, and to get Karen’s bone broth recipe, click here.