Have you ever wanted to do do something, but never got around to it? For instance, Hepatitis Awareness Month is roughly two-thirds over, and perhaps you haven’t stepped up and acted to make a difference. If so, how about taking your determination to a new level, and write a letter to your future self, and then post it at Future Me (www.futureme.org).
Here’s my letter:
You set a goal to blog every day during Hepatitis Awareness Month. I know you want to change the world, but you can only change yourself. How are you doing with this? Are you practicing the #1 rule of health activists, Take care of your health first? If so, I am delighted that you remembered. If not, then I want to remind you that your health is a full time commitment.
In case you forgot, here are the things I most want you to remember:
- Be sure you sleep 8 hours every night.
- Exercise every day.
- Don’t sit for more than an hour without getting up and doing something vigorous.
- Eat a lot of vegetables.
- Never, ever drink any alcohol but don’t let this stop you from having a lot of fun.
- Read juicy novels, travel, and laugh a lot.
- Meditate, have faith, and breathe your way through difficulties.
- Avoid difficult people, fast from too much technology, and give thanks for all that you have, particularly family, friends, and this precious planet.