This month marks a special anniversary. Wow! How time has flown in these three years since April 9th 2012. That was the day I began my 3rd and final Hep C treatment, which I did not know at the time, would result in my CURE for Hep C. I am forever thankful to God for bringing me through this long dark journey that lasted over 20 years. Even though I personally celebrate being cured of Hep C, I do not consider my cure complete until each Hep C Warrior receives the cure and freedom from Hep C.
Perhaps you can relate my Hep C treatment experience with your own.
Through it all and by all I mean; 2 prior treatments which failed, and a hard 3rd treatment which was filled with “the good, the bad and the ugly,” plus long drought years of struggle with Hep C in between treatments, God has been faithful to never leave my side and helped me get me through this dark valley.
- Have you faced fear? Yep, me too.
- Have you faced uncertainty, dread, discouragement, frustration, anxiety, just to name a few, with every aspect of Hep C? I’m raising my hand.
- Have you ever wondered, what’s next, will I ever be cured of Hep C or will it come back? Oh yea, been there, done that too.
Here are some core scriptures from the Bible that serve to be my lifeline:
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life. Psalm 138:7
- The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8
- If you are walking in darkness, without a ray of light, trust in the Lord and rely on your God. Isaiah 50:10
- So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. Isaiah 41:10
- He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:17
- You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning. My God turns my darkness into light. Psalm 18:28
- Look to the Lord and his strength, seek his face always. Psalm 105:4
- Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deuteronomy 31:6
- We walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7
- I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1
There is much more from God’s Word that brought me tremendous comfort, strength and hope all throughout my journey and beyond with Hep C, but my faith in Jesus Christ has been my constant and strong tower in my ever challenging life. And to Him I give all the glory, honor and praise for my life and freedom from Hep C. I hope you personally know him. He is where all true healing begins, from the inside out.
In celebration I wanted to report, last Friday I had my three-year post Hep C treatment doctor visit, and received an excellent report. All blood work, excellent and continue non-detected for Hep C. My hepatologist continues to say my new Hep C diagnosis is cured, Hep C resolved. Praise God! Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!
I could not let this special day pass without voicing thanks to God and all of you for what you bring into my life and the life of this website. Thanks for being here!
This modified entry was originally published on Life Beyond Hepatitis C April 9, 2015. It is reprinted with permission.