- Pseudonym used here to preserve identity.
- Kowdley KV, Wang CC, Welch S, Roberts H, Brosgart CL. Prevalence of Chronic Hepatitis B Among Foreign-Born Persons Living in the United States by Country of Origin. Hepatology 2012. 56(2): 422-433.
- Centers for Disease Control. Viral Hepatitis Populations: Asians and Pacific Islanders. Updated March 21, 2014. See: http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/populations/api.htm.
- Blackwell DL, Lucas JW, Clarke TC. Summary health statistics for U.S. adults: National Health Interview Survey, 2012. National Center for Health Statistics. Vital Health Stat 10(260). 2014.
- Nemoto T, Operario D, Soma T, Bao D, Vajrabukka A, Crisostomo V. HIV Risk and Prevention Among Asian/Pacific Islander Men Who Have Sex With Men: Listen to Our Stories. AIDS Education and Prevention 2003. 15(1 Supplement): 7-20.
. This article was co-authored by Isha Weerasinghe, AAPCHO hepatitis B policy fellow, and was originally published on The Huffington Post.