More than 60 students are suing the University of Derby in the United Kingdom after finding out that they were potentially exposed to HIV and the hepatitis C virus (HCV) by a health care worker who botched vaccinations and blood tests while employed at the school, the Daily Mail reports.

Health experts say 629 former and current students at the university were contacted this April after an investigation revealed several potential “errors” in the way a health worker was using syringes at a school-run clinic between September 2005 and October 2013. Reports show that the staff member reused syringe barrels, which may have put students at risk for the blood-borne viruses.

So far, there have been no reports of any infections. However, students are suing the university because they claim receiving news of the health scare in the middle of finals season caused them to suffer unnecessary stress and anxiety. Attorneys representing the students say they are seeking damages “in the region of £400,000” ($600,000) to make up for the scare.

To read the full Daily Mail report, click here.